February 3, 2014

Monastery of Transfiguration – Malaybalay City, Bukidnon


                    Last November 19, 2013 my auntie from Surigao City called me saying that they were in Cagayan De Oro City for vacation and asked me if I am available on the next day so I can be tagged along with them as they were planning to go to Bukidnon for some unwinding thingy and of course how can  I say No with that opportunity, Right? She told me that they were staying at N Hotel, Kauswagan CDO and that I should be there 7am on the next day so we can leave the city by 8am. On the 20th day I was already in N Hotel at around 6:30am, the excitement woke me so early that day! (HAHA) Then we took our breakfast in the hotel and left the city at around 8:30am with their Grandia Van.
                Supposedly, our first destination was at Monastery of Transfiguration in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon, however my first cousin decided to visit her alma matter in college in Central Mindanao University in Valencia City, Bukidnon, so we went there first and I was surprised of how wide the university was that I really wanted to stroll it so bad but since  we lack time and it was raining heavy, we never went outside our van and instead we just roam around the university for about 15 minutes inside the van and went straight back to Malaybalay City afterwards.

                 

We took our lunch in Road House Cafe-Restaurant in Valencia Bukidnon and yes as usual it’s a little bit expensive but worth to pay. I love the ambiance of the restaurant and most especially their foods like the fried and crispy kangkong leaves (shit I just don’t know the exact name of it). Apparently, their steaks come cattle raised organically in their Bukidnon Farm. Roadhouse Cafe has a modern design for a restaurant. I also tried Road House Cafe in Ayala- Centrio Mall CDO and SM City.





( I am not the owner of this Photo. )


To make the story short after we gorged our lunch we continued our journey and eventually reached the Monastery of Transfiguration. There I felt so at ease with the serenity of the monastery, the cold breeze of the wind, the panoramic view of the mountains, and the architecture of the monastery made me feel like I’m in paradise and I wanna build my own house out there.




   Unlike the Taoist Temple in Cebu City, the Monastery of Transfiguration was managed by the monk but open for all religion (as how the care taker of the place told us). Christians performed regular mass in the monastery.


    After we had so much time in the Monastery, we went back to Manolo Fortich and my aunt told me that we will be staying in Dahilayan Adventure Park and I was so surprised because I was not really expecting that there will be more adventure that awaits us. Yes, I am so lucky. Jezzz

            

The 25-year old Monastery of Transfiguration on San Jose hill, is made of heavy lime blocks, designed by National Artist for architecture Leandro Locsin. The first Filipino Abbot, Fr. Eduardo Africa and former Malaybalay bishop Gaudencio Rosales inaugurated it on August 6, 1983. 





Today, 10 monks had its 7 hectares planted to rice, 25 hectares to corn, and the rest for planting the world-famous Monk’s Blend Premium coffee. Its two-story Museum of Transfiguration Monastery (MTM) houses Dom Martin’s 50-piece vestment collection included in Philippines' 1998 centennial celebration. The Worship and Weave book on the vestments won the 2001 National Book Award (art category)

                                                                                                                                                                                       


      "The monastery is a pyramid-like structure designed by the late National Artist for Architecture Leandro Locsin (same guy who designed the Cultural Center of the Philippines). It has a huge rock at center serving as the altar. "



 Along the road, we observed such a beautiful canyon in Manolo Fortich so called the "Mangina Canyon". We stopped for a while and took a family photo and here it is!












The view is one of a kind, and you will be mesmerized especially when you are living the city full of skyscrapers and pollution. It was a truly a true beauty of nature!







Afterwards, we went straight to Dahilayan Adventure Park and reached it around 7am of November 20, 2013 and we stayed in Pine Grove Mountain Lodge that night. TO BE CONTINUED …


CHECK MY NEXT POST ABOUT DAHILAYAN ADVENTURE PARK. IT WILL SURELY TEMPT YOU TO GO IN THERE JUST IN CASE YOU HAVEN’T BEEN THERE! \m/










2 comments:

  1. Amazing place, amazing view! We love this place in Bukidnon. So tranquil and serene! He that next time we visit the monastery, we can explore its amenities.

    ReplyDelete